Best Practices for Successful Support Interaction
Before you contact Customer Support
When you experience a problem or encounter a question about product usage, there are several avenues that you may want to investigate before contacting Customer Support:
- Reference the product documentation
- Search Global Community Site, the ‘Documentation’, ‘Fixes/Downloads’ and the ‘Technical Reference’ sections.
- Use the product’s internal Help Topics.
If you have not been able to satisfactorily resolve your issue, the next step is to log a call with your local Support organization via telephone or email.
When contacting Customer Support
Calls can be serviced most effectively if the following information is provided when you log an issue with Customer Support:
- Uniface client number
- Company name
- Caller’s name, phone number and email address
- Product name and version number (including the build number)
- Platform (basic hardware specs, OS and version number)
- Description of the problem
- Entire text of the error messages, if any (or log files that reflect the message)
- A screenshot of the problem, when possible
- A description of the steps taken before the problem occurred (or how to replicate the problem, if known)
- Steps followed while attempting to resolve or troubleshoot the issue (and their outcome), if any
- Timeframes, deadlines and business impact concerning the technical issue being reported.